SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA VERNERA DI SPANO’ & C. SNC
WHO WE ARE:
Our company’s name is Vernèra.
WHERE WE ARE:
We are situated on the Iblei Mountains, in Buccheri, on Monte Lauro, an ancient Vulcan. Our lands are in the magical archaeological site of St. Andrew, between a necropolis and a Templars’ Gothic Church, where, for thousands of years, olive trees reign uncontested, finding both fertile soil and ideal climate for their holy fruits. Our century-old organic olive groves are located on hills, on 70 hectares grounds and in several lands: Vernèra, Sant’Andrea, Tallarita, Zocco, Mazzarino, Mascarone, Maddalena, Frassino, Travana. They produce Tonda Iblea olives, our typical cultivar.
HOW WE WORK:
Since 4 generations, we pick olives in the first day of October and we continue throughout November. We pick olives only by hand and we press them that same day after two hours in an olive oil mill which works on 2 phases continuous process, cold pressing and with very short pressing times, in order to obtain only first pressure organic extra-virgin olive oil. The oil is then put in steel containers, saturated with nitrogen and put in a controlled temperature room in order to maintain unchanged the chemical, organoleptic and sensory characteristics of the oils.
OUR E.V.O. OILS:
We produce 3 different types of extra virgin olive oils:
- Vico Rosella n. 1 is our IGP SICILY extra virgin olive oil obtained from a mix of native cultivars.
- Le Case di Lavinia Bio-Dop is our ORGANIC Monti Iblei O.P. (Monte Lauro under-zone) Olive Oil. It is made by 100% Tonda Iblea.
- Le Terre di Vito: is our ORGANIC blended extra virgin olive oil, obtained from a mix of Sicilian native cultivars.
Vico Rosella n. 1 is part of a Medium Fruity category while Le Case di Lavinia Bio-Dop and Le Terre di Vito Organic, belong to the Intense Fruity category. The 3 olive oils present although in different proportions, a harmonic balance between bitter and spicy and a typical fragrance of tomatoes, artichoke, green grass and bitter almonds.
We suggest to use Le Case di Lavinia BIO- DOP and Le Terre di Vito, on raw dishes: salads, vegetables, soups and meats. Vico Rosella n. 1 is more versatile and it can be used both raw and cooked.
- Le Case di Lavinia BIO-DOP: 0,10 l. / 0,25 l. / 0,50 l. / 0,75 l. / bottles
- Le Terre di Vito: 0,10 l. / 0,25 l. / 0,50 l. / 0,75 l. / bottles
- Vico Rosella n. 1: 0,10 l. / 0,25 l. / 0,50 l. / 0,75 l. / 1 l. bottles
Click the following links to see the catalogues:
CONTACT IN ITALY
Export Manager MARIAGRAZIA SPANO'
CONTACT IN DUBAI